I’d love to Visit Your School and Meet Your Students!
~In Person or Virtually~
An Author Visit…
Is an incredible opportunity to connect young readers with the person and process behind the books. With my experience as a teacher and author, I am able to inspire, educate and entertain a wide range of future writers and artists.
I’m also available for a reading at your daycare center, library or other community events!
Testimonials from Happy Teachers
The three first grade classes at Lothrop Magnet had an amazing virtual visit with D.M. Whitaker! The students were so excited to meet a real author. They were very engaged during the read aloud, and their engagement proved itself in the jeopardy game. The students were so excited to choose and answer the questions. They will be so excited to get the wrist bands! We are all so thankful Mrs. Whitaker took time out of her busy schedule to inspire and encourage our students to be kind to those who are different from them.
– Kaitlin Malone, 1st Grade Teacher, Lothrop Magnet
Thanks so much. I completely enjoyed the readings, as well as the students who participated. In addition, I already indicated to my colleagues how awesome, fun, and authentic the lessons you had shared.
-Kathy Williams, Kindergarten Teacher, Phoenix Academy
Ideas for Funding a School Visit
- Share travel costs with other schools, libraries, or daycares in your district/area and book multiple events in the same day for discounted daily rates.
- Choose a low-cost (or no-cost) Zoom visit.
- Ask the Parent/Teacher Association or other special interest club/fund for assistance.
- Apply for a community or educational grant from local organizations (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Raise funds through book sales – schools may get a discounted rate when ordering a large number of books.